Molecular Gastronomy Supplies
Need help with what molecular gastronomy ingredients and supplies will suit your next venture? Contact Elan today and our experts will be in touch.
Gellan Gum - Gellazoon Low
Gellan Gum - Gellazoon LowProduct code: 6006
- Australia Wide Delivery
- Prompt Response
Gellan Gum - Gellazoon 250grGellazoon contains Gellan gum, a gelling agent produced by fermentation. Gellan gum (Gellazoon) forms firm gels even at low concentrations (0.5 %) which are characterised by very clear colour and aroma. Gellan gum (Gellazoon) displays better gelling and water-binding properties than Agazoon and the elasticity of the gels can be steered by varying the dosage of the gelling agent. Dosage for production of gel noodles or fake spaghetti:
- Stir 2 level measuring spoons of Gellan gum (Gellazoon) into 100 ml of cold liquid (broth, juice, etc).
- Stirring continuously, bring the solution to the boil, pour into a mould or as a thin layer, and leave to cool and gel.
- Cut the gelled layer into narrow strips.
- Alternatively, insert the solution into a silicon tube using a food grade syringe and let it cool to gel.
- Using the empty syringe, blow air into the tube to get the fake spaghetti out.
- Brand: Biozoon
- Product of Germany
- Weight: 250gr
Leave a review